Senior Agile Business Analyst (Pretoria)_
Mukuru is the fastest growing fintech company in Southern Africa. The company operates in several jurisdictions in SADC and Europe and is backed by the largest Africa focused US private equity fund. Our passion is to help facilitate safe, affordable and regulated money transfers using a myriad of innovative tech. We are looking for an experienced Senior Agile Business Analyst. Interest in a Product Owner role is a plus. We offer a fun, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
Based in Pretoria . Minimal travel locally and abroad.
- Work closely with Product Managers from all business areas to elicit requirements.
- Analyze business needs, document requirements and translate needs into functional, non-functional specifications.
- Conduct requirements workshops.
- Support the day-to-day needs of the Scrum team in understanding the business requirements.
- Maintain a steady backlog of requirements that are ready to go into development sprints for the Scrum team.
- Assist Product Managers and Scrum team in prioritisation of work in order to maximize ROI.
- Liaise with the development team for estimation on work.
- Work with the QA department to ensure functionality matches business requirements.
- Assist in drafting user and training documentation.
- Liaise with various industry partners around service integration and product offerings.
- An undergraduate degree preferably with an Information Systems focus.
- Approximately 5 years experience as a Senior Business Analyst
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum)
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to create user stories, activity diagrams and use cases.
- Ability to obtain descriptive and exhaustive requirements from stakeholders.
- A good understanding of project scoping, project management, prioritisation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Desired Personal Traits
- A strong personality.
- A self-organising attitude and a strong will to get the job done.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be a self-starter, quick learner, capable of setting priorities and remain efficient while multi-tasking.
Bonus / Beneficial
- Recognized business analysis or information systems qualification.
- Business analysis experience in the financial or retail industry.
- Card payments and processing experience.
- Apply for this position
Senior PHP Developer
Be part of South Africa’s largest money transfer company, enabling hundreds of thousands of people to remit vital support to their lovedones across the region. Be exposed to a range of web and mobile channels used to interact with our customerbase and contribute to a platform that’s alive with realtime transactional activity.
We are looking for a developer who will be comfortable working on an enterprise PHP codebase. You should be well versed in PHP and MySQL but also have had exposure to other open source technologies and know how to use the right tool for the job. Strong analytical skills goes without saying and you should have the ability to translate complex requirements into maintainable code that can be adapted to the changing needs of the business.
As a successful candidate you will work in a team of senior PHP developers in a flexible, noncorporate, fun environment where job performance is revered.
Requisite skills include:
- 5- 12 years experience as a PHP developer on MVC frameworks.
- Comfortable on the Linux command line.
- Insight in applying design patterns to complex problems as needed.
- Experience in architecting, developing, testing and maintaining a full stack (web, database, deployments).
- Interest in improving development processes that result in faster development and higher code quality.
- Ability to create good user interfaces, and thus experiences, in the browser.
- Creating and consuming web services.
- Able to work in a team using agile methodologies.
- Be able to communicate well, verbally and in writing, with the development team and key stakeholders.
- A teamplayer attitude, ready to help out colleagues and provide constructive feedback. You should have experience in or have a good understanding of caching, revision control, message queues, issue tracking, monitoring, database transactions, testing. Being passionate about learning new skills, technologies and best practices is a prerequisite.
- Apply for this position