Shame just received affiliate credit for introducing Trevor
You don't have to make a special trip to send money. Send directly from your phone, or pay at almost any retailer or bank in South Africa. With the largest pay-out network in Zimbabwe, it's easy for your recipient to collect.
Your recipient can access the money just a few seconds after you pay. With Mukuru, there are no long waiting periods or hoops for your family or friends to jump through to collect the money you send them.
Send money when it’s most convenient for you. We have partnered with all major retailers in South Africa so you don’t have to waste time or money travelling to send money.
You work hard for your money and we work hard to protect it. We constantly update our systems to give you the best security.
Your recipient can access the money just a few seconds after you pay. With Mukuru there are no long waiting periods or hoops for your family or friends to jump through to collect the money you send them.
Have your salary deposited directly onto your card and use it to pay for goods and services at retailers. It's safer than carrying cash and you can also send money without leaving your home when using your card to pay.
You can plan ahead for a dignified funeral back home. All Mukuru Cover policies come with the added benefit of repatriation on the death of the person insured, so your family won't have to carry the burden.
Fast and Easy
Send and receive money instantly. With a simple process and efficient systems, sending money is a quick, painless experience for you and your recipient.
Use your cellphone, a computer, call our centre or walk into one of our branches. You can pay at almost any retailer in South Africa. There really is a solution to suit everyone.
Trusted and Secure
We don't take short cuts when it comes to your security and we continually update our systems to keep it that way. Your personal information and the money you send are kept safe and secure.
Connect with us
Collins just received affiliate credit for introducing Trevor
Clever just received affiliate credit for introducing Shylet
Ibrahim just received affiliate credit for introducing Shylet
Winnet just received affiliate credit for introducing Shylet
Nancy just received affiliate credit for introducing Edison
Emelda just received affiliate credit for introducing Edison
Rumbidzai just received affiliate credit for introducing Edison
Esther just received affiliate credit for introducing Nyadziso
Caroline just received affiliate credit for introducing Nyadziso
Godknows just received affiliate credit for introducing Nyadziso
Joyce just received affiliate credit for introducing Mary
Want us to call you?
All mobile numbers need to be entered in this format.
Coutry Code, Network prefix (no leading 0), Mobile Number.
For example, the mobile number 072 244 3259 in South Africa would be formatted like this:
How to get started
All you need is a
Proof of Identity
Bring one of the following:
- South African ID - you are a South African OR
- South African Passport - you are a South African OR
- Foreign Passport - you are NOT a South African OR
- Asylum papers - you have been granted asylum in South Africa OR
- ETD - Emergency Travel Document.
- BI-1155 - if you have applied for regularisation, you can bring your stamped BI-1155 form, plus any photo ID.
Including your proof of identity you will also need
Proof of Income
Bring one of the following:
Proof of Residency
Bring one of the following:
- Utility Bill - you have an account with electricity, telephone, television OR
- Bank Statement - you have a bank account in South Africa OR
- Landlord's letter confirming you are staying at his/her address PLUS a utility bill in the landlord's name.
Signing up is quick and easy. Just pop into one of our branches, contact a Mukuru Consultant, visit a PEP Store or just give us a call and we will help you find the closest registration point to you.
If you're not sure which documents to bring or would like to get a Mukuru Money Card or Funeral Cover then this is the best option for you. Our consultants can help you gather the right documents and answer your questions. They are really friendly and spread throughout the country.
- To find your nearest consultant contact our call center at 0860018555
- or Dial *130*567# for free and we will call you.
Go to any PEP Store to do a light registration and send money. Remember to take your ID document along!
* Only light registrations are done at PEP Stores with a daily send limit of R3000 and a monthly limit of R10 000. You will need a full regstration if you would like to send more or to get a Mukuru Card or Funeral Cover.
More Mukuru services
- Have your salary deposited straight into your account by your employer
- Pay for Mukuru orders without having to leave your home
- Buy airtime
- Use your card at retailers for free
- Withdraw cash at any ATM
If you already have a bank account Mukuru Money can be used as a secondary account to manage your money transfers.
To see the fee structure click here
For more information or to get your card contact us on 0860018555 or dial *130*567#.
With Mukuru Cover you can plan ahead for a dignified funeral and provide your family with peace of mind. All Mukuru Cover policies come with the added benefit of repatriation on the death of the person insured.
We have single member and family funeral cover options to meet everyone's needs. Mukuru Cover is underwritten by Guardrisk.